Tuesday, December 11, 2007



Oh my gosh! We went to the Grove Park Inn today/tonight to see the gingerbread houses from The Food Network's 2007 Gingerbread House Competition. This is held every year in Asheville, NC at the Grove Park Inn in November and the houses are on display until just after New Year's Day. Anyone can tour the display on Monday thru Thursday and it's FREE. Everything on the boards are edible. The displays are amazing. This is the house that I wanted to move into but it's only about a foot and a half tall. I have 132 photos. We took our boys last year and we all loved it. This year we were also able to take our grandchildren. (I know I am soooo young to have grands)There are also about 100 Christmas trees on display throughout the Inn as they also host a Christmas tree decorating contest. The one below was called A Copper Christmas.


Can you see the sky out the window behind that gorgeous tree? It was such a beautiful night to be on the top of a mountain. Is that Santa in his sleigh? Nope, just a couple of helpers, Adam and Jack.

Thanks for reading again today! Come back for more cards and travels.

1 comment:

Laura Evangeline said...

I'm so jealous of you going to see those gingerbread houses! I was the state champion for three years running! LOL! Yes, I'm a super dork, but it was sooooo FUN!