Monday, May 26, 2008

Gardenia card (cased)



Here is a remake of the card we made Friday night at my Stampin Up workshop. We had a lot of fun once we got the folding of the circles down to make the Gardenia. There were 18 of us there and we stamped, ate and talked from 7 to 10.

You have the opportunity to join the fun in June. Susan has a Girl's Day out planned for Saturday June 21st at the Senior Center in Gaffney. Email me for more info if you are interested.

The boys and I attended the Memorial Day service held in Gaffney today. Barron and Adam handed out flags and programs prior to the event to help out the Ladies Auxilliary. We all enjoyed the speakers and special music provided by the Blacksburg Band. Silly me left my camera but I am sure you can catch some photos in The Gaffney Ledger. WYFF 4 was there filming so watch the news tonight! It really is a touching service and it's a shame that more folks don't attend. It's held every year at the same time and same place. There is usually a flyover by some F16's and a 21 gun salute by the Marines. Barron and Adam rushed to pick up some spent casings at the end and were tickled when a marine (named Rayfield) clicked one out of his rifle for Barron. Adam had already picked one up from the ground! I realized today that we need to explain more to our children about Memorial Day. They just know that they did not have to go to school! Do you and yours know the sacrifices made so that we might celebrate today?

1 comment:

Susan said...

Beautiful card! I love it. Did you like the folding?
See you soon, girlfriend!