Saturday, January 19, 2008

Now that's a BIG television!

For those of you who have been following my blog awhile or who know me personally, you know my husband has been losing his vision for many months. He struggled to get to work and be successful at hiding just how bad his vision had gotten. Last week, he could not fake it anymore and had to take short-term disability leave. He is having a hard time not doing anything. He can't see to do any of the things he enjoys. Yesterday, we went and got him a 73' television. I just tried to take a photo of it but he and the boys are watching Peter Pan and it glares too bad. It is huge and he still can't see it as good as we can see a normal size tv. He is up wandering the house at all hours of the night because he has not yet gotten used to not being at work on 3rd shift. Somedays I want to sleep in! I don't know what I am going to do with him. He says every morning "What are we doing today?" He will be 55 in September and if the vision loss continues, could be legally blind by then. We are going up to Duke to see a doctor who does some trial things to see if she can help. His appointment is Feb 4th. He has been a hard worker all of his life. His father (former Greenville News Circulation Manager) had him helping with newspaper routes before he was 10 which taught him good work ethics. At times during his first marriage, he worked 3 jobs to support his wife and 6 kids. He is lost without work. Please keep him in your prayers and I promise to update you on the trip to Duke University. Thanks a ton!
I also have an idea for another pink, white and black card for Nancy's challenge so check back later this evening. I will get to work on it and post it later.

No comments: